CFD Consulting - Miscellaneous Studies
What we do:
- CFD analysis of air flow, humidity, comfort temperature and chemical loading in moist environments associated with natatoriums.
- Studies of optimal ventilation system design.
- Analysis of airborne chloramines and their control.
- Condensation studies.
Emergency Power Generation:
- CFD Wind dispersion studies of exhaust fumes.
- Heat management analysis from enclosed generators.
- Warranty studies involving diesel intake temperature.
- Modeling of precise temperature control in fusion research facilities.
- Radiative heating analysis of large aircraft hangars.
- Comfort and odor calculations in large food courts.
- Smoke and fire analysis, cigarette smoke studies.
- Assessments of large ventilation systems.
- Comfort temperature calculations, effects from light, electronics and spectator heat loads.
- Specialized cooling of electronics.
Pumps & Piping Networks:
- Centrifugal pump cavitation models.
- Piping network head losses.
- Distribution network stagnation studies.
- CFD analysis of component level electronics - conjugate heat transfer.
- Thermal studies of system level electronics.
- Server rack studies.
- Data center ventilation and cooling studies.
- Natatoriums, spas, whirlpools, splash & play pool areas.
- Outdoor wind dispersion from generator exhaust.
- Generator enclosures.
- High tech laser and fusion facilities
- Large commercial spaces
- Commercial Kitchens
- Gambling Casinos
- Aircraft cabins
- Full scale enclosed stadiums
- Scoreboard or large screen electronics
- Campus-wide water distribution networks
- Sterile pharmaceutical water distribution networks
- Transient and steady state models of centrifugal pumps
- Lab animal watering systems
- Sprinkler networks
- Integrated circuit modules
- Optical transducers for fiber optics
- Server racks - passive cooling, direct air injection and liquid cooling
- DataCom centers
Miscellaneous Studies Examples:
(click on images to enlarge)
Temperature and flow modeling of the National Ignition Facility (NIF) Target Bay and Chamber - Largest laser in the world.
Streamlines colored by temperature
Isosurfaces of smoke in an open kitchen/restaurant - before changes to the exhaust hood
Isosurfaces of pressure during a hydrogen explosion
Velocity vectors between the blades of a centrifugal pump.
Animation of impeller motion and pressure contours in a centrifugal pump
Temperature contours of the Dallas Cowboys HD Video Display - The world's largest display.
Contours of respirable particle concentration in a casino
Temperature contours for an electronics cooling study