25 Years in the Making
|M/E Engineering, from humble beginnings to a quarter century of business. 25 years ago the firm started out with four guys in a single room with lofty dreams of building a firm with as many as 30 people based on quality people, quality work, and providing "Value Driven Solutions" for their clients. Today with a staff of nearly 200 design professionals, M/E Engineering maintains a consistent ranking as one of the Consulting Specifying Engineer Magazine's "Giants 100 List" for the top MEP Design firms in the U.S.|
The Secret to Success
|It is often stated that the key to success is "Location, Location, Location". However, when building one of the top engineering firms in the US it is rather "People, People, People". Every motivational speaker will tell you to always surround yourself with good people. This is only half the story. Not only do you need to surround yourself with good people but you need to give those people the opportunity to demonstrate every day why they are good people. True success is not about projects, revenue, aged accounts, billings, etc. These are simply the score card for measuring success. It starts with fundamentals that are much deeper. It's about seeing through the haze of the business "stuff" and getting down to the fundamentals. True success embodies the fundamentals of hiring good people, allowing them to reach their potential, treating everyone fairly and creating a caring family atmosphere where everyone is appreciated, respected, and considered an integral part of the team. Every successful project, whether you are designing a state-of-the-art Platinum LEED Building or building an engineering firm, starts with a great Team. M/E Engineering's key to success is very simple, we built the best Team.|
Mechanical/Electrical Engineering at its Core
Engineering is a wonderful profession. The application of Math and Science allows engineers to create useful products, change the built environment, and provide shelter and working environments for the world's population. Few professions allow you to make a notable difference in the environment more than the construction industry. Projects including hospitals, colleges/universities, K-12 schools, housing, retail spaces, recreational and industrial projects support the people of all nations. The challenge moving forward is providing these environments in a manner that doesn't have a negative impact on our children and grandchildren. Sustainability at its core.
|Twenty-five years ago projects were hand drawn with ink on Mylar and CAD was something people talked about, but not developed to the point of being useful. Now M/E produces full 3-D coordinated BIM models with clash detection, energy modeling and integrated computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling applied to the BIM models. The advancement of technology has revolutionized the industry. On the cutting edge, CFD modeling allows M/E to create dynamic models of ventilation air patterns, temperature/ humidity gradients, cleanroom effectiveness, enhanced lab safety, simulate industrial process environments and model fire/smoke events. The engineer can now apply the best practice design principles and model their effectiveness with real time BIM models. Truly amazing.|
Each year M/E Engineering is involved in over a billion dollars of construction activity, all while maintaining a commitment to sustainable design, energy efficiency and "value-driven solutions". The ability to have a major impact on long-term owning and operating costs to the local region is second to none. 2016 was no different as M/E started design or construction on a number of high profile jobs:
At its core, the commitment to the people of our organization, the people of our community, and to future generations mandates that we give back to the people who have been integral to the success of M/E Engineering. To that end, M/E Engineering has been involved in the following to help make our community a better place for all who live here:
M/E Engineering's Rochester Office supports the following:
- M/E Engineering Scholarships assist mechanical and electrical engineering students at RIT and MCC learn and become the future engineering leaders of tomorrow. A preference is given to RCSD graduates who may not have been able to afford the cost of this education on their own. These programs have been in place for over 15 years.
- M/E Engineering Scholarships at Binghamton University helps women and minorities obtain success in this sector of the engineering community.
- Continued fundraising support for the MCC Foundation and RIT's Nathaniel Rochester Society.
- Sponsor of the RCSD Green Schools Program which provides funds for providing information to students and staff regarding energy usage and conservation.
- Corporate sponsorship for the annual United Way Campaign, the Strong Museum, the Rochester Museum and Science Center, the Hochstein School of Music, Lollypop Farm and numerous K-12 School District functions.
- Sponsorship of RIT's Innovation and Creativity Festival.
- Support of the Rochester International Jazz Festival since its inception.
- Support of our local Health Care agencies that provide care and support for those that reside in our community.
- Support of several agencies that assist those members of our community who have developmental issues.
M/E Engineering's Buffalo Office supports the following:
- Support of the Buffalo Sabres Alumni Holiday drive and the Ronald McDonald House through donations and Board Participation.
- Participation in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge -- promoting health and fitness in the workplace and commitment to the community and best environmental practices.
- Participation in the Ride for Roswell in support of cancer research.
- Support of the following through various events and fundraisers:
- The Buffalo Zoo
- United Way Campaign
- Hospice Buffalo
- Catholic Health Hospitals and Facilities
- Kaleida Health Hospitals and Facilities
- AIA Buffalo - WNY Arch Run
- Buffalo/Niagara Blues Festival
- Sponsor for various College and Public K-12 Districts
- Corporate Sponsor for Shea's Performing Arts Center
M/E Engineering's Schenectady, NY office supports the following:
- A.O. Fox Hospital
- Loretto Assisted Living
- Massena Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- Proctors Arts in Education
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Sage College Scholarship Fund
- Schenectady County Community College
- Skidmore College Palamountain Scholarship
- St. Peter's Health Partners
- YMCA Schenectady
M/E Engineering would like to thank all of our clients. Their continued support of M/E Engineering, confidence in our staff, and for giving us the opportunity to be part of their design teams has been amazing. Simply put, we would not be where we are today without the continued support of our clients. We also want to thank our employees for their continued efforts in expanding our reputation throughout the Eastern United States. The partners at M/E Engineering are greatly indebted to and thank our great staff. Due to their extraordinary effort, attention to detail and belief in the family we call M/E Engineering, our sustained growth has been possible. Their continued dedication and commitment is unprecedented and we are eternally grateful.