Monroe County Crime Lab - LEED Certified Platinum
Design of a 45,000 SF, four-story Regional Crime Laboratory serving law enforcement agencies in the seven surrounding counties. The lab is accredited by the American Society of Crime Lab Directors and provides forensic services including a DNA Lab, Arson Lab, CODIS Room (computer forensics), Narcotics Drying/Storage, Vehicular Inspection Bay and Fire Arms Forensics with a Firing Range. This project is LEED certified to the Platinum level.
M/E provided complete 3-D MEP documents of the entire facility with integrated computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling to evaluate ventilation/thermal effectiveness (LEED), emergency ventilation (spill control), and exterior wind wake modeling. The design will incorporate the following features:
- Very low lighting power density
- 375 kW Emergency Generator
- Enthalpy Heat Recovery of Exhaust Air
- Occupancy Ventilation Reset and CO2 Control
- Lab Pressurization Control to prevent cross contamination of evidence
- Rainwater/AHU Condensate Recovery
- Lead Dust Control of Firing Range Exhaust
Design of a LEED Platinum facility with a highly flexible energy efficient infrastructure adaptable to future forensic requirements. Acoustic and vibration issues were critical due to the highly sensitive microscopy, DNA and Biology Labs in the same facility as the firing range and vehicular forensics.
Rochester, New York