Greatbatch Inc. - Electrochem Battery Manufacturing Facility Commissioning Services
M/E Engineering, P.C. was the Prime Consultant for this state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for commercial power sources (lithium batteries) for high reliability applications.
New Lithium Battery Manufacturing Facility including a 5,000 SF Dry Room maintained at -30°C dewpoint (<1/2% R.H.) and a Safire Clean Agent Fire Suppression System. Project also included a variable air volume fume hood exhaust system (with scrubber), a 400 ton process chilled water plant, modular pulse boiler plant and new electrical distribution service and emergency power service.
- Battery manufacturing included a 5,000 SF, Dry Room maintained at a -30°C dewpoint (<1/2% RH) with a Safire Clean Agent Fire Suppression System.
- Variable Volume Fume Hood Exhaust System with Scrubber.
- Process Chilled Water Plant, 400 tons.
- Modular Pulse Boiler Plant.
- Development of Commissioning Specification.
- Development of Commissioning Plan.
- Commissioning Coordination Meetings.
- Regular Field Observation Visits.
- Development of Pre-Functional Checklists and Functional Test Procedures.
- Oversight and Documentation of Functional Performance Testing.
- Development of a Final Commissioning Report.
- Coordination of Owner's Training.
Commissioning services addressed the following:
- Pulse Combustion Boilers.
- Rotary Screw Water Chiller.
- Fiberglass Cooling Towers.
- Refrigerant Vapor Monitoring Systems.
- Ductless Air Conditioning Systems.
- Computer Room Air Conditioning Systems.
- Dehumidifiers.Air Scrubber.
- Ductwork Distribution System.
- Variable Air Volume Terminal Units.
- Air and Water Testing and Balancing.
- Sprinkler System.
- Clean Agent Fire Suppression System.
- Fire Alarm System.
- Closed Circuit Television Surveillance System.
- Access Control and Security System.