Data Center Renovation
MEP Data Design
M/E Engineering was retained by the State University Construction Fund as the lead professional for the Data Center Renovation project in the Computer Center Building. The project involved a complete renovation of the existing data center that is critical to Campus daily operations and required the data center to remain in operation during the construction period. A detailed construction phasing plan was developed to allow the demolition and project asbestos abatement work to occur while maintaining existing cooling, emergency/UPS power and fire protection systems critical to the data center daily operations. The project upgrades included new cooling, emergency/UPS power, fire projection, raised floor system, glass storefront walls, ACT ceilings, lighting and branch power distribution to provide an updated modern data center layout with the flexibility and capacities to allow for future growth.
- New clean agent Novec 1230 fire suppression system
- Hot aisle/cold aisle air containment system
- N+1 computer room air condition system utilizing in-row cooling units with fluid coolers located on the roof. The system was designed to utilize free cooling when the temperature is below 50 deg F.
- Electric steam humidifier to maintain consistent space conditions
- Two 150kVA UPS units (N+1) with the capability for expansion up to 200kVA. Units were designed with remote battery racks to meet the project phasing requirements.
- EM power distribution was designed to accommodate a future generator upgrade
- New overhead busway system to provide flexible power connections to the server equipment cabinets