Canton State University College - Convocation Center
This 142,000 SF Athletic and Convocation Center was designed to a LEED Silver Standard and provides SUNY Canton students with a first class facility for collegiate competition, intramural activities and indoor graduation. The facility consists of a field house (3 indoor basketball courts), swimming pool, ice rink, weight rooms, team/locker facilities, fitness center and office suite. With a strong north county link to the community the facility can also host local sports tournaments and state high school playoffs.
Complete M/E/P design for the facility including:
- Day lighting control system with dimmable ballasts.
- Ice Rink heat recovery systems.
- Radiant floor system in locker/pool/team rooms.
- Air to air heat recovery for locker rooms.
- Pool energy recovery unit.
- Complete fire protection system per NFPA-13 with fire pump.
- Fire alarm, data/voice distribution, field house and ice rink sound system.
Design of a highly integrated energy efficient system that could be phased as state budget dollars become available.
Canton, New York