Cornell University - Mann Library & Bailey Horitorium Research Laboratories
- Renovation to approximately 150,000 Square Foot Mann Library on the Cornell University Campus in Ithaca, New York. Project includes complete replacement of the HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems for the facility.
- Two floors of laboratory space and research space.
- Four floors of Library and Archival Storage.
- Special collection area with independent temperature and humidity control.
- Wind wake analysis the effluent discharge from the building.
- Four-story atrium with smoke evacuation control.
Complete retrofit of existing air handling systems and automatic temperature controls; upgrades to electrical service and distribution, lighting systems retrofits, new fire alarm system, new security, CCTV and access controls systems; and retrofits of all plumbing and fire protection systems.
The project consisted of a complete renovation of an existing building. Incorporated within the project was a four story Atrium that had to be carved through the existing structure. This presented several challenges, among them, a smoke control system and the associated distribution. Additionally, the building contained two floors of wet research space above the Library. The added difficulty associated with this replacement was the need for acoustic treatment on systems that serve both Library and Research spaces.
Ithaca, New York