Federal Bureau of Prisons - Berlin
Design-Build project to construct a $250M+ Federal Prison in Berlin, New Hampshire. The approximately 625,000 SF medium security facility includes a central chiller/boiler plant, central emergency generator, food service facilities, housing for 1500 inmates, special housing units (SHU), health services, recreation spaces, visitor center, a call center and staff administrative spaces. In addition, the project includes a 32,000 SF minimum security Federal Prison Camp (FCP) outside the secure perimeter to house approximately 130 inmates.
Complete design of all MEP systems, including:
- 34.5 kV (3000 kVA) electric service with 15 kV distribution.
- Two (2) 2000 kW diesel generators.
- Two (2) 380 ton water cooled chillers with site distribution piping.
- Three (3) 250 HP hot water boilers with site distribution piping.
- Complete campus-wide fire suppression system.
- Utilities for health care and food service requirements.
Complete design of the facility in just over 9 months while coordinating with two separate architects, one for the medium security compound and one for the minimum security campus.
Berlin, New Hampshire