LEED / Energy Efficiency
Computational Fluid Dynamics is one of the most powerful tools to aid in the effective designs of green, energy efficient buildings. CFD provides unique, detailed insight into proposed designs thereby allowing architects and engineers to virtually test out their ideas, optimize their designs and simultaneously satisfy both cost and performance objectives.
Because the technique is a virtual method, no costly testing or prototyping is required, and, potentially toxic exposure inherent with some testing is avoided altogether. CFD also offers users the ability to design toward the most energy-efficient designs without compromising other factors such safety or comfort.
What we do:
- CFD analysis of ventilation effectiveness.
- Thermal uniformity calculations.
- Analysis of mass displacement ventilation systems.
- Solar insolation studies - solar collection or solar shielding.
- Heat transfer studies of window walls.
- Analysis of specialized "green" air handlers.
- Wind studies of induced draft exhaust fans.
- Natural ventilation system analysis.
- Optimization studies of ventilation.
- Office buildings
- Class rooms
- Data centers
- Large atriums
- Industrial settings
- Lab animal holding facilities
- Outdoors - natural ventilation, wind turbines, etc.